All You Need to Know About Burj Khalifa Fireworks 2021
One of the many crown jewels of Dubai is the Burj Khalifa. The world’s tallest manmade structure is incredibly popular and is placed alongside the most famous tourist attractions of the world. Although the Burj Khalifa remains an all-year-round tourist hotspot, the New year’s Eve firework show is one of its most important events, viewed by thousands in the city along with millions of people from all around the world. Here’s what you need to know about the record-breaking Burj Khalifa fireworks.
About Burj Khalifa Fireworks
The unforeseen circumstances in 2020 meant that everything, including the New Year’s Eve Burj Khalifa fireworks, would be different. However, that did not take anything away from the visual appeal of the 2021 event. The show paid tribute to the frontline heroes and the key workers whose tireless efforts have stood between mankind and the worst-case scenarios of the pandemic. Countless viewers were invited to witness the event via partnerships with Zoom, YouTube, and other streaming properties. In addition to fireworks, the show also consisted of a laser and animation display to celebrate the theme of “togetherness”. The show lasted for about 20 minutes and began at 11:58 PM on 31 December 2020.
What to Know Before You Watch Burj Khalifa Fireworks
Timings: The fireworks begin at midnight and last for about 20 minutes
Where to watch: The Burj Khalifa is located at Downtown Dubai, right next to the Dubai Mall. Note that this event draws in large crowds so the area around the tower can get very busy; try to arrive at least an hour early to find the best spot.
Getting there: You can drive down to the Dubai Mall, or take the bus/metro to get there. To avoid traffic, you could take the metro to the Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall station and walk till your ideal viewing spot
Private viewing: Guests can register on the U by Emaar app for private viewing in Downtown Dubai. You’ll be assigned a view point where you would have to display a QR code to get access to the area.
Best Viewing Spots for Burj Khalifa Fireworks
- Burj Khalifa Fountain is possibly the closest you can get to the actual fireworks. You can even make a day out of it by taking a trip to the 124th, 125th, and 148th floor of the Burj Khalifa before the fireworks begin.
- Souk Al Bahar offers another great alternative. It has a great view of the Burj Khalifa and gives you the option to spend the day with your family exploring local antiques, carpets, jewelry, and other luxury authentic objects.
- Dubai Opera House is another architectural marvel near Burj Khalifa that can become your base for watching the fireworks. This is the first-ever opera house in Dubai and offers exciting activities like an opera show or the Dubai Opera Tour.
- Burj Plaza is a little farther than the other spots but offers an unobstructed view of the Burj Khalifa, which is ideal for watching the spectacle. You can take an Abra ride as you wait for the fireworks show.
- Kite Beach should be the spot of your choice to witness the fireworks if you are in the city with your family. You can pack a picnic and choose a great spot early in the day to watch the New Year’s Eve fireworks.
- Dubai Design District is located a little far from the Burj Khalifa but given the imposing stature of the building, it shouldn’t be a problem to spot the light and firework show from here. The area is lined with photogenic locations and you shouldn’t find it difficult to kill a few hours here before the show.